Don’t Be an A**hole
Jessie is one of the funniest people I’ve met, she’s also the manager at the The Old Monk, a legendary bar in Dallas. She’s know for posting about her very serious relationship with her cat, Gregory, as well as, her hilarious status updates on Facebook.
In this episode we discuss her past relationships and many of the crazy first dates she has been on…including one where she proof read her date’s resume…yes, his resume.
But this brings a bigger question and topic we discussed: BEING AN A$$HOLE!
I can say with honesty, that of the many complaints I’ve heard from women about their exes or guys hitting on them, it’s that they are jerks. Don’t be a jerk. If you can hold a door open, do it. Tip your severs, always. Put the seat down. Don’t talk about people behind their backs. Donate some time and money to charity. Don’t complain about the noise of children if you’re in public. Ya know, basic things.
But maybe you have the basic stuff down, right?! Maybe your A1 when it comes to tipping, but yet you get called a jerk. Well do you:
- Talk about yourself constantly
- Never asks questions about the other person you’re talking to
- “Mansplain” -(of a man) explain (something) to someone, typically a woman, in a manner regarded as condescending or patronizing. (as defined by oxford dictionary)
- Complain about someone else’s drink choice and call it ‘girly’
- Get Agro when it comes to sports
The point is, there are many ways to be a jerk. Try not to be one and if possible, try to be awesome and nice instead! Try to be kind to those around you and considerate of others. I have my own problems, I’m sure you have yours, but we should make this world better. So…don’t be an asshole.